This is a master list of WordPress tutorial videos that make up our WordPress Essentials course. The course is grouped into nine modules of related lessons. Each tutorial dives into a specific WordPress concept or skill.
If you’re new to WordPress, start at the beginning and work through the course at your own pace. If you already know a thing or two about WordPress, you can quickly jump to any topic you need help with.
Updated for WordPress 4.7!
Looking for more advanced training on WordPress site building? Check out the WordPress Website Blueprint course.
Module 1: Getting Started with WordPress
A no-nonsense WordPress quick-start guide. By the time you’re through you’ll have WordPress up and running on your own web hosting account and you’ll be well on your way to creating professional looking websites.
- Choosing WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
- Finding a Web Host for Your WordPress Site
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- How to Install WordPress
- Setup Your Profile
Module 2: Creating Content with WordPress
What’s a beautiful looking website without great content? This module teaches you everything you need to know about getting your content into WordPress, with advice on how best to use posts and pages.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- How to Write a Post in WordPress
- How to Manage and Edit WordPress Posts
- Using Post Formats
- Publish Your Post
- How to Write a WordPress Page
- Manage and Edit WordPress Pages
- Protecting Your Work
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress SEO
Module 3: Organizing WordPress Content
Learn how to organize your content so your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for. It just so happens that improving your site’s organization will also lead to better search engine rankings.
- Categories vs. Tags
- Using WordPress Categories
- Using WordPress Tags
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
Module 4: Working with Media
WordPress isn’t just for words. You can use it to publish photos, video, and podcasts too. This module shows you how to add media with ease.
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- Add Images to a Post
- Create a Photo Gallery
- Add Audio and Video to Posts
- Add a PDF Download
- Add an Image Gallery to Your Sidebar
Module 5: Customizing Your WordPress Site
What good is a professional looking website if it looks like every other WordPress website? These lessons will show you how to customize your theme and spruce up your site with widgets and plugins. By the time you’re done you’ll have set your site apart from the masses.
- How to Use WordPress Themes
- Customize Your WordPress Theme
- How to Use WordPress Plugins
- How to Use WordPress Widgets
- Using WordPress Screen Options
- Widgets Reloaded
- Supercharge Your WordPress Site with Jetpack
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar
- WordPress Theme Setup Webinar
- How to Change Fonts in WordPress
Module 6: Getting Conversational
Learn how to facilitate conversations, moderate comments, and prevent comment SPAM.
Module 7: WordPress Site Management
Whether you’re adding new users or upgrading WordPress, these lessons guide you through the essential maintenance steps that ensure your site remains happy and healthy.
- Upgrading WordPress
- Move Your Web Content with WordPress Import and Export
- WordPress User Roles Explained
- Managing WordPress Users
- WordPress Disaster Recovery and Planning Guide
- WordPress Backup Plugins: BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backup Solutions: VaultPress
- How to Solve the WordPress Plugin Paradox
- Install WordPress On Your Computer (Windows or Mac)
- WordPress Site Migration with Duplicator
- WordPress Security Briefing
Module 8: WordPress Settings
The WordPress settings screens can be downright intimidating. This series of lessons will help you tame your settings and fine tune your site.
- WordPress General Settings
- WordPress Writing Settings
- WordPress Reading Settings
- WordPress Discussion Settings
- WordPress Media Settings
- How to Use WordPress Permalinks
Bonus: Web Basics
This bonus module includes lessons designed to help the novice better understand how the web works. Technically these aren’t WordPress tutorials, but rather lessons to help you make sense of the sometimes complicated technology you may encounter while building your website.
- HTML Basics
- CSS Basics
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About IP Addresses
- DNS: The Internet’s Phone Book
- FTP Demystified
No Risk Guarantee
WordPress Essentials for Busy People comes with an unconditional 60 Day money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, let me know and I’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. No hassles and no questions asked. Sign-up for the course and start learning WordPress today with ZERO RISK.