No matter what your skill level, WP Apprentice has a WordPress tutorial to help you improve your website.
Below is a master list of the WordPress tutorials that make up our WordPress Essentials course. The course is grouped into nine modules of related lessons. Each tutorial dives into a specific WordPress concept or skill. We’re adding new tutorials all the time and the course is updated with each new WordPress release.
If you’re new to WordPress, start at the beginning and work through the course at your own pace. If you already know a thing or two about WordPress, you can quickly jump to any topic you need help with.
Updated for WordPress 5.0 (including Gutenberg)!
Master WordPress Tutorial List – Introductory Level
Module 1: Getting Started with WordPress
A no-nonsense WordPress quick-start guide. By the time you’re through you’ll have WordPress up and running on your own web hosting account and you’ll be well on your way to creating professional looking websites.
- Choosing Between WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
- Finding the Best WordPress Hosting
- How To Use the WordPress Dashboard
- How to Install WordPress
- Setup Your WordPress Profile
Module 2: Creating Content with WordPress
What’s a beautiful looking website without great content? This module teaches you everything you need to know about getting your content into WordPress, with advice on how best to use posts and pages.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- How to Write a Post in WordPress
- How to Manage and Edit WordPress Posts
- Using Post Formats
- Publish Your Post
- How to Write a WordPress Page
- Manage and Edit WordPress Pages
- Protecting Your Work
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress SEO
Module 3: Organizing WordPress Content
Learn how to organize your content so your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for. It just so happens that improving your site’s organization will also lead to better search engine rankings.
- Categories vs. Tags
- Using WordPress Categories
- Using WordPress Tags
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
Module 4: Working with Media
WordPress isn’t just for words. You can use it to publish photos, video, and podcasts too. This module shows you how to add media with ease.
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- Add Images to a Post
- Create a Photo Gallery
- Add Audio and Video to Posts
- Add a PDF Download
- Add an Image Gallery to Your Sidebar
Module 5: Customizing Your WordPress Site
What good is a professional looking website if it looks like every other WordPress website? These lessons will show you how to customize your theme and spruce up your site with widgets and plugins. By the time you’re done, you’ll have set your site apart from the masses.
- How to Use WordPress Themes
- WordPress Theme Customizer
- How to Use WordPress Plugins
- How to Use WordPress Widgets
- Using WordPress Screen Options
- Widgets Reloaded
- Supercharge Your WordPress Site with Jetpack
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar
- WordPress Theme Setup Webinar
- How to Change Fonts in WordPress
Module 6: Getting Conversational
Learn how to facilitate conversations, moderate comments, and prevent comment SPAM.
Module 7: WordPress Site Management
Whether you’re adding new users or upgrading WordPress, these lessons guide you through the essential maintenance steps that ensure your site remains happy and healthy.
- How to Upgrade WordPress
- Move Your Web Content with WordPress Import and Export
- WordPress User Roles Explained
- Managing WordPress Users
- WordPress Disaster Recovery and Planning Guide
- WordPress Backup Plugins: BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backup Solutions: VaultPress
- How to Solve the WordPress Plugin Paradox
- Install WordPress On Your PC (Windows or Mac)
- WordPress Site Migration with Duplicator
- WordPress Security Briefing
Module 8: WordPress Settings
The WordPress settings screens can be downright intimidating. This series of lessons will help you tame your settings and fine tune your site.
- WordPress General Settings
- WordPress Writing Settings
- WordPress Reading Settings
- WordPress Discussion Settings
- WordPress Privacy Settings
- WordPress Media Settings
- How to Use WordPress Permalinks (for Cleaner URLs and Better SEO)
Bonus: Web Basics
This bonus module includes lessons designed to help the novice better understand how the web works. Technically these aren’t WordPress tutorials, but rather lessons to help you make sense of the sometimes complicated technology you may encounter while building your website.
- HTML Basics
- CSS Basics
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About IP Addresses
- DNS: The Internet’s Phone Book
- FTP Demystified
No Risk WordPress Tutorial Guarantee
WordPress Essentials for Busy People comes with an unconditional 60 Day money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, let me know, and I’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. No hassles and no questions asked. Sign-up for the course and start learning WordPress today with ZERO RISK.