WordPress Essentials CourseThe quick and painless way to become comfortable and confident working with WordPress.
- Learn at your own pace. Watch the videos as many times as you need to.
- Bite-sized training. Each video demonstrates how to use a specific WordPress feature.
- Updated for WordPress 4.7.
- Lifetime access for just $47!
Learn WordPress Today, Create Beautiful Websites Forever
Module 1: Getting Started with WordPressGet your web project started on the right track. By the time you’re through with the first module you’ll have WordPress up and running on your own web hosting account and you’ll be well on your way to creating professional looking websites.
- Choosing WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
- Finding a Web Host for Your WordPress Site
- How to Install WordPress
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- Setup Your Profile
Module 2: Creating Content with WordPressWhat’s a beautiful looking website without great content? This module teaches you everything you need to know about getting your content into WordPress, with advice on how best to use posts and pages.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- How to Write a Post in WordPress
- How to Manage and Edit WordPress Posts
- Using Post Formats
- Publish Your Post
- How to Write a WordPress Page
- Manage and Edit WordPress Pages
- Protecting Your Work
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress SEO
Module 3: Organizing WordPress ContentLearn how to organize your content so your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for. It just so happens that improving your site’s organization will also lead to better search engine rankings.
- Categories vs. Tags
- Using WordPress Categories
- Using WordPress Tags
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
Module 4: Working with MediaWordPress isn’t just for words. You can use it to publish photos, video, and podcasts too. This module shows you how to add media with ease.
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- Add Images to a Post
- Create a Photo Gallery
- Add Audio and Video to Posts
- Add a PDF Download
- Add an Image Gallery to Your Sidebar
Module 5: Customizing Your WordPress SiteWhat good is a professional looking website if it looks like every other WordPress website? These lessons will show you how to customize your theme and spruce up your site with widgets and plugins. By the time you’re done you’ll have set your site apart from the masses.
- How to Use WordPress Themes
- Customize Your WordPress Theme
- How to Use WordPress Plugins
- How to Use WordPress Widgets
- Using WordPress Screen Options
- Widgets Reloaded
- Supercharge Your WordPress Site with Jetpack
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar
- WordPress Theme Setup Webinar
- How to Change Fonts in WordPress
Module 6: Getting ConversationalLearn how to facilitate conversations, moderate comments, and prevent comment SPAM.
- Managing WordPress Comments
- Fighting WordPress Comment SPAM with Akismet
Module 7: WordPress Site ManagementWhether you’re adding new users or upgrading WordPress, these lessons guide you through the essential maintenance steps that ensure your site remains happy and healthy.
- Upgrading WordPress
- Move Your Web Content with WordPress Import and Export
- WordPress User Roles Explained
- Managing WordPress Users
- WordPress Disaster Recovery and Planning Guide
- WordPress Backup Plugins: BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backup Solutions: VaultPress
- How to Solve the WordPress Plugin Paradox
- Install WordPress On Your Computer (Windows or Mac)
- WordPress Site Migration with Duplicator
- WordPress Security Briefing
Module 8: WordPress SettingsThe WordPress settings screens can be downright intimidating. This series of lessons will help you tame your settings and fine tune your site.
- WordPress General Settings
- WordPress Writing Settings
- WordPress Reading Settings
- WordPress Discussion Settings
- WordPress Media Settings
- How to Use WordPress Permalinks
Bonus 1: Web BasicsThis bonus module includes lessons designed to help the novice better understand how the web works. Technically these aren’t WordPress lessons, but rather lessons to help you make sense of the sometimes complicated technology you may encounter while building your website.
- HTML Basics
- CSS Basics
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About IP Addresses
- DNS: The Internet’s Phone Book
- FTP Demystified
Bonus 2: WordPress Security Briefing (a $29 value)Learn how to keep your website secure from spammers and hackers with this one hour security briefing.
Bonus 3: Conquering Your WordPress Theme Problems (a $29 value)Struggling to make your theme look right? This one hour session teaches you the secrets to setting up any new WordPress theme.
WordPress Essentials Course Benefits
Over 50 videos – All the training you need to master WordPress
40% Discount on Lifetime Membership
Unconditional money back guarantee. Try the course for 60 Days. If it’s not right for you we’ll gladly refund your money, no questions asked.
Over 20,000 People Have Learned WordPress from Our Videos
The depth of the videos in the training library is amazing!!
This course really opened up a whole new WordPress world of knowledge. You have taken something that sometimes overwhelms and simplified it into understandable and workable modules.
I was going quietly crazy trying to work out how to get a theme to look the way I wanted. After going through these videos it has de-mystified the whole process.
The chunking and sequencing of the content is superb and the supporting documentation and resources with each video is world-class.
R. Edward Turner, Ph.D.
I’m amazed by how many nagging issues discovered over the past year of trying to work in our WordPress site are explained with each new session of this course.
The WP Essentials is just that – the absolute essentials for learning WordPress. It has been a huge help for me, especially in that I can revisit the various modules over and over, whenever it suits me.