The Website Blueprint also includes all of the lessons from the WordPress Essentials course.
Module 1: Getting Started
You’ll start building your business website by focusing on the foundational pieces. By the time you’re finished you’ll have a domain name, a web host, and a working version of WordPress installed and ready to go.
- Your Business Domain Name
- Finding a Web Host
- Installing WordPress: Manual
- Installing WordPress: cPanel
Module 2: Planning Your Business Website
What’s the difference between a disappointing website and a successful site that supports your business for years to come? In a word, planning. Before we start building anything we’re going to spend some time thinking about our goals and developing a plan.
Module 3: Site Design
Once you’ve finished with the planning phase, it’s time to start thinking about how you want your website to look. Fortunately, the WordPress theme system makes it nearly impossible to build an ugly looking website. Unfortunately the popularity of WordPress creates a whole new challenge — finding the right theme for your site. In this module you’ll learn more about WordPress themes and get plenty of advice on how to find the perfect theme for your business website.
Module 4: Building Your Website
Finally, it’s time to build the site. In this module you’ll see the step-by-step process of creating a business website from scratch with WordPress.
- Project Overview
- Preparing to Build The Site
- Creating Core Content
- Creating News and Blog Posts
- Set the Home Page and Blog Page
- Organizing Content
- Custom Post Types
- Customizing the Theme Settings
- Build the Home Page
- Enhancing Core Content
- Site Migration
Module 5: Adding Business Features
With your core website in place, it’s time to add some business functionality. In this module you’ll learn how to add features that create a richer experience for your site’s visitors, and provide more information and actionable data to you as a business owner.
- Collecting Data with Gravity Forms
- Improve Your WordPress Site with Google Webmaster Tools
- Create a Contact Form
- Create an Email Subscription Form
- Improve On-Site Search
- Track Your Progress with Web Analytics
- Making Social Connections
- Add Audio and Video
- Create a Survey
- Create a Calendar of Events
Module 6: Ongoing Maintenance
The easiest way to ensure that your business website remains happy, healthy, and secure, is to perform regular routine maintenance. This module shows you what you need to do to keep WordPress current and your website safe.
- WordPress Security Plugin: Better WP Security Setup Guide
- Upgrading Your WordPress Website
- Prepare for the Worst: WordPress Disaster Planning
- WordPress Backups with BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backups with VaultPress
No Risk Guarantee
WordPress Essentials for Busy People comes with an unconditional 60 Day money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, let me know and I’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. No hassles and no questions asked. Sign-up for the course and start learning WordPress today with ZERO RISK.