Business Website BlueprintIsn’t it time you had a feature rich, state-of-the-art business website with all the bells and whistles? That’s easy to update and looks great too?!
- Build a professional looking website without hiring an expensive designer.
- Learn how to find the right WordPress theme for your site.
- Recommended plugins that ensure your site gets results.
- Step-by-step videos guide you to success.
Build a business website that attracts prospects and makes customers happy
Blueprint Course Modules and Lessons
Module 1: Getting StartedWe’ll start by focusing on the foundational pieces of your online presence. By the time you’re finished you’ll have a domain name, a web host, and a working version of WordPress installed and ready to go.
- Your Business Domain Name
- Finding a Web Host
- Installing WordPress: Manual
- Installing WordPress: cPanel
Module 2: Planning Your Business WebsiteWhat’s the difference between a disappointing website and a website that becomes an indespensible business asset? In a word, planning. Before we start building anything we’re going to spend some time thinking about our goals and developing a plan. This phase includes everything from planning our content to creatinhg a budget (ensuring we won’t have unanticiapted expenses later on).
- Defining Your Business Website
- Content Planning
- Diagram Your Website
- Create a Site Budget
Module 3: Site Design with WordPress ThemesOnce we’ve finished the planning phase, it’s time to start thinking about how we want our website to look. Fortunately, the WordPress theme system makes it nearly impossible to build an ugly looking website. Unfortunately the popularity of WordPress creates a whole new challenge — finding the right theme for your site. In this module you’ll learn more about WordPress themes and get plenty of advice on how to find the perfect theme for your business website. There’s also an emphasis on finding a mobile friendly theme that ensures smartphone using customers have the best possible experience when they visit the site.
- WordPress Themes
- Themes: Where to Look
- Themes: What to Look For
- Customize Your Theme
Building the Site
Module 4: Building Your WebsiteFinally, it’s time to build the site. In this module you’ll see the step-by-step process of creating a business website from scratch with WordPress. This in-depth module literally walks you through every stage of the site building process.
- Project Overview
- Preparing to Build The Site
- Creating Core Content
- Creating News and Blog Posts
- Set the Home Page and Blog Page
- Organizing Content
- Custom Post Types
- Customizing the Theme Settings
- Build the Home Page
- Enhancing Core Content
- Site Migration
Module 5: Adding Business FeaturesWith the core website in place, it’s time to add some business functionality. In this module we’ll add features that create a richer experience for the site’s visitors, and provide more information and actionable data to you as a business owner.
- Collecting Data with Gravity Forms
- Improve Your WordPress Site with Google Webmaster Tools
- Create a Contact Form
- Create an Email Subscription Form
- Improve On-Site Search
- Track Your Progress with Web Analytics
- Making Social Connections
- Add Audio and Video
- Create a Survey
- Create a Calendar of Events
Module 6: Ongoing MaintenanceThe easiest way to ensure that your business website remains happy, healthy, and secure, is to perform regular routine maintenance. This module shows you what you need to do to keep WordPress current and your website safe.
- WordPress Security Plugin: Better WP Security Setup Guide
- Upgrading Your WordPress Website
- Prepare for the Worst: WordPress Disaster Planning
- WordPress Backups with BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backups with VaultPress
- WordPress Essentials Course (a $79 value). The full 48 lesson course is included with the Website Blueprint.
- Think Mobile: Strategies for success on the mobile web (a $49 value). In-depth coverage of the mobile revolution. Learn how to make your smartphone using customers happy.
- WordPress Plugin Guide: Video Course This Guide features plugins that delight customers, entices prospects, and produces measurable results. This video course includes 22 step-by-step tutorials. (a $49 value)
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar (a $29 value). One hour introduction to the inner workings of the WordPress theme system.
- WordPress Security Briefing (a $29 value). Avoid common security problems and keep your WordPress site secure with this one hour security briefing.
Blueprint Course Benefits
Three Full Courses — Sixteen Hours of Video Lessons!
Plus Site Planning Tools and Worksheets
Over 12,000 People Have Learned WordPress from Our Videos
The depth of the videos in the training library is amazing!!
This course really opened up a whole new WordPress world of knowledge. You have taken something that sometimes overwhelms and simplified it into understandable and workable modules.
I was going quietly crazy trying to work out how to get a theme to look the way I wanted. After going through these videos it has de-mystified the whole process.
The chunking and sequencing of the content is superb and the supporting documentation and resources with each video is world-class.
R. Edward Turner, Ph.D.
I’m amazed by how many nagging issues discovered over the past year of trying to work in our WordPress site are explained with each new session of this course.
The WP Essentials is just that – the absolute essentials for learning WordPress. It has been a huge help for me, especially in that I can revisit the various modules over and over, whenever it suits me.