Business Website Blueprint
Struggling to turn WordPress into a website for your business? The Business Website Blueprint is the quickest way to get your website project on track.
- Build a professional looking website without hiring an expensive designer.
- Learn how to find the right WordPress theme for your site.
- Recommended plugins that ensure your site gets results.
- Step-by-step videos guide you to success.
Build a business website that attracts prospects
and makes customers happy
Blueprint Modules and Lessons
Module 1: Getting StartedYou start building your business website by focusing on the foundational pieces. By the time you’re finished you’ll have a domain name, a web host, and a working version of WordPress installed and ready to go.
- Your Business Domain Name
- Finding a Web Host
- Installing WordPress: Manual
- Installing WordPress: cPanel
Module 2: Planning Your Business WebsiteWhat’s the difference between a disappointing website and a successful site that supports your business for years to come? In a word, planning. Before we start building anything we’re going to spend some time thinking about our goals and developing a plan.
- Defining Your Business Website
- Content Planning
- Diagram Your Website
- Create a Site Budget
Module 3: Site Design with WordPress ThemesOnce you’ve finished with the planning phase, it’s time to start thinking about how you want your website to look. Fortunately, the WordPress theme system makes it nearly impossible to build an ugly looking website. Unfortunately the popularity of WordPress creates a whole new challenge — finding the right theme for your site. In this module you’ll learn more about WordPress themes and get plenty of advice on how to find the perfect theme for your business website.
- WordPress Themes
- Themes: Where to Look
- Themes: What to Look For
- Customize Your Theme
Building the Site
Module 4: Building Your WebsiteFinally, it’s time to build the site. In this module you’ll see the step-by-step process of creating a business website from scratch with WordPress.
- Project Overview
- Preparing to Build The Site
- Creating Core Content
- Creating News and Blog Posts
- Set the Home Page and Blog Page
- Organizing Content
- Custom Post Types
- Customizing the Theme Settings
- Build the Home Page
- Enhancing Core Content
- Site Migration
Module 5: Adding Business FeaturesWith your core website in place, it’s time to add some business functionality. In this module you’ll learn how to add features that create a richer experience for your site’s visitors, and provide more information and actionable data to you as a business owner.
- Collecting Data with Gravity Forms
- Improve Your WordPress Site with Google Webmaster Tools
- Create a Contact Form
- Create an Email Subscription Form
- Improve On-Site Search
- Track Your Progress with Web Analytics
- Making Social Connections
- Add Audio and Video
- Create a Survey
- Create a Calendar of Events
Module 6: Ongoing MaintenanceThe easiest way to ensure that your business website remains happy, healthy, and secure, is to perform regular routine maintenance. This module shows you what you need to do to keep WordPress current and your website safe.
- WordPress Security Plugin: Better WP Security Setup Guide
- Upgrading Your WordPress Website
- Prepare for the Worst: WordPress Disaster Planning
- WordPress Backups with BackupBuddy
- WordPress Backups with VaultPress
- WordPress Essentials Course (a $79 value). The full 48 lesson course is included with the Website Blueprint
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar (a $29 value). One hour introduction to the inner workings of the WordPress theme system.
- WordPress Security Briefing (a $29 value). Avoid common security problems and keep your WordPress site secure with this one hour security briefing.
The Blueprint Course Includes
Two Full Courses — Thirteen Hours of Video Lessons!
Plus Site Planning Tools and Worksheets
Join Over 5,000 People Who Have Learned WordPress from Our Videos
The depth of the videos in the training library is amazing!!
This course really opened up a whole new WordPress world of knowledge. You have taken something that sometimes overwhelms and simplified it into understandable and workable modules.
I was going quietly crazy trying to work out how to get a theme to look the way I wanted. After going through these videos it has de-mystified the whole process.
The chunking and sequencing of the content is superb and the supporting documentation and resources with each video is world-class.
R. Edward Turner, Ph.D.
I’m amazed by how many nagging issues discovered over the past year of trying to work in our WordPress site are explained with each new session of this course.
The WP Essentials is just that – the absolute essentials for learning WordPress. It has been a huge help for me, especially in that I can revisit the various modules over and over, whenever it suits me.