Plus Site Planning Tools and Worksheets
Module One: Getting Started
Get started on the right foot by putting all of the essential pieces in place first.
- Choose your domain name.
- Find the right web host.
- Install WordPress the easy way.
Module Two: Planning Your Website
The planning module gives you a huge head start on building your website.
- Develop your online business goals.
- Identify the business features your site needs.
- Plan and organize your business content.
- Map out a your site before building anything in WordPress.
Module Three: Site Design with WordPress Themes
A crash course in finding the right WordPress theme for your business website.
- An overview of how WordPress themes work
- The best places to find the right theme for your business website — and places you should avoid at all costs!
- Learn about the different types of WordPress themes
- Find out exactly what features to look for in a business theme.
Module Four: Building Your Website
This massive module includes eleven video lessons that walk you through every step of the site building process.
The module starts with a fresh WordPress installation using the default Twenty Eleven theme and no content. Over the course of eleven lessons you’ll see how the site is built, step-by-step. By the end of the module the site has been transformed into a high-impact, cutting edge, business website.
- How to install and configure themes.
- How to enter different types of content.
- Tips on migrating content from an existing website.
- When to use posts and when to use pages (or custom post types).
- How to organize your content with categories, tags, and custom menus.
- How to setup your home page.
- How to use WordPress shortcodes to beautify your content for maximum impact.
Module Five: Adding Business Features
After building the core website, it’s time to dig in and add some business features. This module includes a collection of tutorials showing you how to add essential business functionality to your website.
- Improve your site-wide search capabilities.
- Setup email subscription forms.
- Add sharing features for social networks.
- Create a calendar of events.
- Track your site traffic using Google Analytics
- And more on the way…
Module Six: Ongoing Maintenance
This module simplifies the essential maintenance needed to keep your business website humming along, happy and bug free, for years to come.
- Learn how to update WordPress.
- How to automate WordPress backups.
- Prepare for unexpected disasters.
Bonus Course: WordPress Essentials
At no extra cost, you receive full access to the WordPress Essentials video training course. Our basic training videos make learning WordPress quick and painless. Each video focuses on a specific WordPress feature or concept. The lessons are organized into seven modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started (4 videos)
- Module 2: Creating content with WordPress (7 videos)
- Module 3: Organizing WordPress content (4 videos)
- Module 4: Working with media (4 videos)
- Module 5: Customizing your WordPress site (5 videos)
- Module 6: Getting Conversational (2 videos)
- Module 7: WordPress site management (8 videos)
- Module 8: WordPress Settings (7 videos)
BONUS: Brush up on your WordPress skills with WP Essentials. The Website Blueprint includes full access to the six hours starter course covering core WordPress skills and concepts.
All WP Apprentice courses include unlimited lifetime access to the training videos and related materials.
Risk Free Guarantee
Try the WP Website Blueprint course risk free for 30 days. If the course isn’t right for you, we’ll happily refund 100% of your purchase price.
to guide you as you build your website
A Blueprint for Success
The WP Website Blueprint is a complete guide to building a professional looking, highly functional business website with WordPress.
Watch as a WordPress expert builds a complete business website from scratch. You’ll see how a site is transformed from the default WordPress theme with no content, to a high-impact, professional looking website.
Site Planning Tools
Lessons are augmented by downloadable planning worksheets to help you identify your online business goals, plan and organize your content for maximum impact, evaluate business themes, and more.
Find the Right Theme
Overwhelmed by theme options? You’ll learn about the different types of WordPress themes and the critical theme features that are most important to your website. You’ll also learn where to find themes, and which theme sources you should avoid at all costs.
Add Business Features
Set up critical business features that allow you to connect with your visitors and measure your success. From email signup forms to web analytics, you’ll learn which plugins to use and how to setup each one.
Expert WP Secrets
WordPress blogs are easy, but regular websites require a special touch. Learn the secrets of a WordPress expert and find out exactly which plugins and settings he uses to create professional websites with WordPress.
Ditch the boring tech books and learn the basics quickly by watching our easy to follow videos. Presented in a screencast format, these videos are like watching over the shoulder of an expert as he explains exactly how WordPress works.
Convenient on-demand video training helps you learn WordPress at your own pace, any time of the day or night. View lessons from your home, office, or on the go. All video lessons are mobile friendly and play on tablets and smartphones.
Because everyone needs a little help along the way, you’ll have access to our exclusive member forum. An expert is on hand to answer your WordPress questions and point you in the right direction.
– R. Edward Turner, Ph.D.
— Nancy Breeding
— David Jarrold
– Stock Emiko